2018 Meath GAA Gaeltacht Scholarships Scheme – Information for Clubs
The following are the details of the 2018 Gaeltacht Scholarships Scheme being run by Coiste Cultúrtha na Mí of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael:
Eligibility: Those eligible to apply must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Be a second level student
- Have booked for or intend to book for a residential Irish language course in the months of June, July or August 2018.
- Be a paid up registered member of a GAA Club in Co. Meath
How to Apply: Applicants must submit their application to the Secretary of their relevant club who will forward it to Meath Cultural Committee of the GAA. Applications direct from individuals will not be entertained.
Application Details require:
- Name (in both Irish and English)/Ainm as gaeilge agus as béarla:
- Date of Birth/Dáta breithe:
- Name of School being attended/Ainm na scoile:
- Name of relevant GAA Club/Ainm an club:
- Registration / Membership Number of relevant GAA organisation/Cláruimhir don C.L.G.:
- Location, Date, Duration and Title of course being attended (or intended to attend)/Áit, dáta, tréimhse agus teideal an cúrsa atá nó a bheidh tú ag freastal air:
- Indication as to whether course has already been booked/An bhfuil cúrsa curtha in áirithe agat?
- Family/personal involvement with the GAA organisation/Cén baint atá agat féin nó ag do chlann leis an gCumman Lúthchleas Gael:
- Seasca focal maidir le cén fáth a bhfuil tú ag iarraidh dul go dtí An Ghaeltacht:
(Tá an cheist seo le freagairt as gaeilge)
Closing Date for Applications: Meath Cultural Committee of the GAA must receive all applications by Monday 14th May. Applicants need to get their application to the Secretary of their club about a week in advance of that to ensure that it will be submitted on time. Secretaries must add / verify that the applicant is a paid up registered member of the G.A.A. and ensure all required details are complete and correct.
Selection of those who will be allocated scholarships: The Meath Cultural Committee of the GAA will vet all applications.
Forwarding of Applications to Meath Cultural Commiteee of the GAA by Club Secretaries: Club Secretaries (GAA, Camogie, Ladies Football or Handball) must check applications, ensure that each applicant is a paid up member of the G.A.A. and forward applications to: Denise Ní Mhuireagáin, Oifigeach na Gaeilge, Dunganny Centre of Excellence, Trim, Co. Meath so as to reach her no later than Monday 14th May.
Payment of Scholarship: Payment of a scholarship will only be made by the Treasurer of Coiste na Mi upon submission to him of documentation, including receipts, proving that a course has been booked and fully paid for. Payment of the scholarship will be to the individual, not the relevant college. Successful applicants will be contacted in due course regarding the process of drawing down the scholarship.
Further Information: Denise Morgan – firstname.lastname@example.org